Sunday 28 December 2014

In remembrance...stars who passed away in 2014

This is just a short list of celebrities who passed away in 2014. The list includes celebrities, inspirational people, and people that were very talented in their line of work.

Lauren Bacall, aged 89

Shirley Temple, aged 85

Maya Angelou, aged 86


Robin Williams, aged 63
Joe Cocker, aged 70
Phillip Seymour Hoffman, aged 46
Joan Rivers, aged 81
Ann B. Davis (Alice, from The Brady Bunch), aged 88
James Garner, aged 86
Richard Attenborough, aged 90
Harold Ramis, aged 69
Sid Caesar, aged 91
Mickey Rooney, aged 93
Ruby Dee, aged 91
Eli Wallach, aged 98
Bobby Womack, aged 70
Bob Hoskins, aged 71
Peaches Geldof, aged 25
Tommy Ramone, aged 65
Polly Bergen, aged 84
Oscar de la Renta, aged 82
Russell Johnson (the Professor on Gilligan's Island), aged 89


Charlotte with Horace the dog. 

On a personal note, I would like to pay tribute to Charlotte Dawson. Charlotte was a model and television host in Australia and New Zealand.

Charlotte and I made online friends a few years ago. We tweeted each other about something...I think it was about gravy...she wanted to know how you could tell if gravy was off in the tin. 

She became one of my cheerleaders. When I was selling earrings, she would unexpectedly tell her 60,000 followers know about what I was selling.

Whenever I did a celebrity feature on my blog she would always help me out. Whatever I wanted, she was there to assist.

I loved her honesty, her passion to try and make the wrong things right, her wit and her caring nature.

Charlotte and I are still friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I still occasionally write on her Facebook when I think of her. I do the same with other friends I have lost since I've been on social media.

Charlotte died in February this year, aged 47 years. I wish she knew how much she is missed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment